Friday, October 3, 2008

Thousands Hear Obama in East Lansing

The dedication of supporters of Sen. Barack Obama is something to ponder.

To all those who think Obama's young supporters won't show up on Election Day, I say, think again.

I made it to Adams Field on the campus of Michigan State University around 11:30 a.m. Thursday (Oct. 2, 2008) and the line to get into the field stretched for blocks and blocks down Circle Drive. By the time I got to my spot around noon, thousands of people already were pressed up against the fence around the stage. Some had begun waiting in line at 8:30. It was chilly and breezy. It was crowded. There was no place to sit. And they waited three hours more after I got there for Obama's scheduled speech.

That's pretty impressive. That's dedication. That, to me, means they'll make it to the polls on Nov. 4.

No comments: