Monday, June 8, 2009

Limbaugh Hoping General Motors Fails, Urging Boycott

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Rush Limbaugh and at least one other far-right Republican are now hoping that General Motors fails and are urging people to boycott General Motors because the Obama administration has given it public funds and taken part ownership of it.

Talking Points Memo has the story, which is based on an article from The Detroit Bureau, which covers the auto industry.

So to score political points, Limbaugh and others are actually hoping that an American business disappears, taking with it thousands of jobs, impacting thousands of families in communities across the nation.

Will Michigan Republicans distance themselves from this call for a boycott? Do they dare stand up to Boss Limbaugh?

Don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

kevins said...

A boycott of GM is a terrible idea. I'm splitting hairs here perhaps, but i didn't read that rush advocated the boycott as much as he was trying to explain why others were engaged in/encouraging a boycott. Fine line, to be sure, even if I am right.

On a much smaller scale, the head of the state Democratic party urged people not to buy Domino's Pizza because its CEO is a Republican. I'm sure you distanced yourself from such idea that would hurt Michigan workers. But I can't find your outrage on your blog...could you tell me where it is?

Or should I not hold my breath?

Dan said...

And Al Gore, who was actually an elected offical is on record wanting cars to fail completely. The democrats showed how much they love the auto industry for kicking Dingell out of the Commerce Chair because he wasn't Al Gorean enough on "global warming."

We don't jump to Hewitt or Limbaugh's words, but they don't even hold public office. Gore did for over 20 years.

I'll let our elected officals who drive Big 3 cars speak with their actions. Last I saw, Mike Rogers drove an Explorer. I think Bill is also a Ford guy. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Joe Hune, Cindy Denby, Chris Ward and Valde Garcia are or were GM drivers. Dick DeVos, who supposedly boycotted Ford according to liars on the left, drove a Lincoln.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to it, but your suggestion that the GOP wants GM to fail is a joke. Even the embarassment Bob Corker in Tennessee had 2nd thoughts. Our elected officials around here at least drive American.