Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hiding the Truth at Press & Argus

I wondered how the Livingston Press & Argus might handle the news of George Bush's trampling on the American justice system yet again. Perhaps a round-up of reactions from Rep. Mike Rogers and Senators Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow, or maybe some people on the street interviews. Maybe a special column by Muddy Borehouse about how bad things happen to good people who go into politics. Then an editorial blasting the decision. Okay, I was hallucinating when I thought that last one might happen.

Yet, I was still surprised when I went to the P&A website, clicked on the "Nation/World" category, and saw this:

"NATION/WORLD: Libby faces 30 months in prison
CNN is reporting that I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby was sentenced today to 30 months in prison for lying to investigators about the leak of a CIA operative’s identity.The former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney was also fined $250,000. According to CNN, Libby plans to appeal the verdict."

They must be using a really low-speed internet over there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should check the date on this P&A post. It was posted in June, the day Libby was sentenced to 30 months in prison.

I would guess that the P&A probably didn't update it because their focus over the past few weeks has seemed to be increasingly on solely state and local news. Personally, as a P&A reader, I have found this change refreshing.

And, before you jump on me for being a Conservative, infiltrating your blog, let me assure you, I am, indeed a democrat. I just can't stand democrats like the ones that seem to head this blog who look for reasons the world is against them in EVERYTHING. You're almost as bad as the L.O.V.E.rs.