Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rogers' Telephone Town Hall Meeting a Hang-up

I'm not one of those people who looks at caller-ID when the phone rings to see if I want to answer it. I just drop everything and pick up the phone to see who it is.

So when the phone rang Monday (February 25, 2008) I stopped what I was doing, picked it up, and heard Rep. Mike Rogers' recorded voice inviting me to his town hall meeting on the phone. If I wanted to participate, all I had to do was press "1."

OK. I pressed "1" and waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing. Then finally, another recorded voice told me, "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up."

Yeah, Rogers, who can't be bothered to have a real town hall meeting with his constituents, has one over the phone, and then hangs up on them.

Real classy.

No comments: