Monday, December 1, 2008

Coming Soon to Your In-Box -- Emails from Mike Cox

I don't know Mike Cox. Mike Cox is not a friend of mine. But all of a sudden Mike Cox is in my in-box.

On Monday morning (Dec. 1, 2008), I sat down at my computer to check my email and found "The Mike Cox Report." Maybe I've been getting it for months and just never noticed it amidst all the other emails from political sources.

Anyway, I'm quite sure I never signed up for this one. The newsletter has a link to the Attorney General's web page, but there is no place on the web page to sign up for a newsletter. In fact, Cox's status as attorney general is not mentioned until the closing, which makes me think the newsletter is less about Mike Cox the Attorney General and Mike Cox the Republican candidate for governor in 2010.

Wonder who's paying for this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,

Does your concern only extend to Republican emails? For at least a year prior to the last election, my email in-box was regularly peppered with emails from Granholm and Levin...about a wide variety of topics, including the need to elect Barack Obama.

I don't recall asking to receive a single one of these. And when I would e-mail questions asking for clarification on some of their statements, I was ignored.

When it comes to using the taxpayer money for self-promotion, I don't think either party takes a back seat.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for your answer...should we be equally suspicious of Granholm and Levin for sending scores of unwanted and unasked for emails to me in-box?

Or is it okay for Democrats to do it...but it's wrong if Republicans do it.

If you are going to have a double standard, at least own up to it.

Anonymous said...

Not much to do at GOP headquarters these day, huh Phil?