Friday, February 13, 2009

As I Was Saying Yesterday about Forbes' Lists

It seems like just yesterday that I wrote a column about how Forbes.com had a list of "most miserable cities" and that Detroit was high on the list, in part for the nonsensical reason that a football team at a university not even in the city had had a poor record.

In fact, it was just yesterday that I wrote that column so it was fresh in my mind when I read the latest Forbes.com story on lists published Friday (February 13, 2009).

And this list, "Top College Sports Towns," has Ann Arbor, Michigan, at the top of the list.

That would be the same Ann Arbor whose University of Michigan football team did so poorly that it contributed to Detroit's ranking as one of the most miserable cities in the country.

Amazingly, the geniuses at Forbes.com apparently thought no one would notice.

No comments: